At this point, Mexico is hopefully at the peak of their Covid-19 cases. They have had less diagnosed cases per capita than the USA, but they also do not have the testing available like we have had here either. They also do not have access to enough personal protective equipment for their medical workers and many of the hospitals have reported large numbers of their medical workers contracting the virus. At this point, they have check points at many of the entrances of cities over 1000 people preventing people from entering unless that have an approved reason to be there. Before allowing anyone to enter a city for any reason, they have medical teams taking people's temperatures.
We have no idea when villages will be open again for groups to come in and do VBS services. At this point all of our June groups have canceled or postponed their trips for the summer. We still may be able to do trips the final two weeks of July and in August. I will be taking some small work teams into the Children’s home to do the final work needed before they can move in. Those will be dependent on the situation there in El Higo and the situation here at home. We do not want to put any of our kids or workers in danger so the timing of those groups will be up to our directors there. The border into Mexico is still open at this point in spite of what has been reported in the news. The American side is closed to most non-residents without a reason to enter, but American citizens or legal residents can still enter the USA without any problems. We have missionaries on the border that cross every few days.
Since the summer teams are about 1/3 of our operating funds and building funds for the year, please remember us in your giving this summer. Please pray for the people of Mexico. Their situation is much worse than here in our country with many going hungry. We will be putting together a plan to help our families in our churches across the country. You will be able to find out more information on our Facebook pages if you want to help.